AIRPORT COMMUNITY TEAM
WHAT IS THE AIRPORT COMMUNITY TEAM (ACT): ACT is a virtual public forum established by the General Manager to gather interested airport users and District constituents to discuss items of public interest and provide information regarding activities and programs of TTAD. ACT is meant to be a free flow of ideas and information between the District, airport users, and the general public. ACT is intended to inform and advise on policy and is not intended to set Policy of the District. Setting District policy is reserved for the Board of Directors. ACT is a method for the District to convey information to stakeholders and also a means to receive, consider, and convey public comment and sentiment regarding topics of interest to the Board of Directors at their monthly Board of Director meetings. Activities and information from ACT Forums will be reported monthly to the Board of Directors. ➤ ACT Interview
Topic: Planned Runway 2-20 Closure and Reconstruction Summer 2023 Date & Time: Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 6:00 pm
Join Airport GM Robb Etnyre and team at the next ACT meeting to learn about the potential Runway 2-20 closure and reconstruction scheduled for summer 2023. The FAA has programmed $5,831,000 in AIP (Airport Improvement Program) funding for the reconstruction (same footprint) of KTRK's Runway 2-20 and airfield lighting work. The Truckee Tahoe Airport District would be responsible for a 10% match. On going outreach to the community will take place once a more detailed construction timeline is established.
Zoom Meeting at: https://truckeetahoeairport.zoom.us/j/81874394449 Meeting ID: 818 7439 4449
Find your local number: https://truckeetahoeairport.zoom.us/u/kenrlrMmkI
* ACT meetings are typically the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6 - 7 p.m.
FORWARD LOOKING ACT MEETINGS
ACT MEETING HISTORY
November 9, 2022 - NOAA/National Weather Service - Sierra Winter Weather Patterns & Forecast
➤ Recorded Meeting
October 12, 2022 - Department of Defense Skillbridge Internship
➤ Recorded Meeting
September 14, 2022 - Flight Procedure Development (Update)
➤ Recorded Meeting
March 9, 2022 - Airport Master Plan Update Project Part II - 3rd Runway Feasibility Study
➤ Meeting Agenda ➤ Recorded Meeting ➤ Meeting Summary ➤ Airport Master Plan Update - Rwy Feasibility Study
Sign Up to join ACT meetings! A Zoom link will be emailed to you two days prior to the meeting.
OBJECTIVES AND DIRECTIVES FOR ACT:
- Membership in ACT will require agreement to policy and terms of participation but not require General Manager or Board appointment.
- Membership will be a simple process with no requirement for long term commitment or attendance at forums.
- The intent of ACT is to create a process for the free flow of ideas, information, and comments between airport management, staff, and users and constituents of the District.
- ACT will be used as an educational and information platform to inform District stakeholders on important matters of public interest.
- Not all topics will be of interest to all ACT members. ACT members can participate in forums of their choosing regarding matters of interest to them.
- ACT activities and information collected in forums may be provided to the Board of Directors to assist the Board in setting policy direction for the District.
- ACT will typically meet monthly via Zoom or other virtual formats.
- Topics for Forums will be collected from Staff, ACT Members, general public, airport users, and suggestions from Board of Directors. The General Manager will schedule and calendar the topics to be considered in ACT forums in her or his sole discretion.
- ACT members are free to discuss topics under the purview of the Airport District or its leadership but the group will not discuss items that are not connected to the Airport District or its activity and programs.