AIRPORT COMMUNITY TEAM
WHAT IS THE AIRPORT COMMUNITY TEAM (ACT): ACT is a monthly virtual public forum established by the General Manager to gather interested airport users and District constituents to discuss items of public interest and provide information regarding activities and programs of TTAD. ACT is meant to be a free flow of ideas and information between the District, airport users, and the general public. ACT is intended to inform and advise on policy and is not intended to set Policy of the District. Setting District policy is reserved for the Board of Directors. ACT is a method for the District to convey information to stakeholders and also a means to receive, consider, and convey public comment and sentiment regarding topics of interest to the Board of Directors at their monthly Board of Director meetings. Activities and information from ACT Forums will be reported monthly to the Board of Directors. ➤ ACT Interview
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 – Flight Procedure Development (Update)
Flight procedures are detailed, FAA certified instructions for an aircraft during specific parts of a flight. They determine the approximate position and altitude of the aircraft as it travels over the ground in both the arrival and departure phases of flight. Because the FAA has authority over all flight activity in the air, airports are required to use a specified set of criteria to develop new procedures that allow the airport some influence over the location of arriving and departing aircraft.
At Truckee Tahoe Airport, the development of new procedures for Runway 11 and Runway 29 will help pilots to fly more strategic flight paths—utilizing instrumentation to fly over more open space than homes. These potential flight procedures consider the region’s terrain, neighborhoods, and the most efficient manner to bring pilots in and out of Truckee Tahoe Airport.
These draft flight procedures are part of the TTAD’s “three-legged stool” to increase safety and efficiency at the airport. In addition to establishing an air traffic control tower at the airport, the recent deployment of an Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) system, which provides highly accurate, real-time surveillance data for aircraft in the Truckee Tahoe region, has provided the system requirements needed to update its flight procedures.
These draft flight procedures are designed for planes that utilize instrument flight rules (IFR) and will likely apply to less than 30% of all traffic. The entire process to develop and gain approval from the FAA is expected to take between 18 and 36 months.
Guest Speaker: Hardy Bullock, Senior Planner with Mead & Hunt
Zoom Meeting at: https://truckeetahoeairport.zoom.us/j/81874394449 Meeting ID: 818 7439 4449
Find your local number: https://truckeetahoeairport.zoom.us/u/kenrlrMmkI
* ACT meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6 - 7 p.m.
FORWARD LOOKING ACT MEETINGS
October 12, 2022 - TBD
ACT MEETING HISTORY
September 14, 2022 - Flight Procedure Development (Update)
➤ Recorded Meeting
March 9, 2022 - Airport Master Plan Update Project Part II - 3rd Runway Feasibility Study
➤ Meeting Agenda ➤ Recorded Meeting ➤ Meeting Summary ➤ Airport Master Plan Update - Rwy Feasibility Study
Sign Up to join ACT meetings! A Zoom link will be emailed to you two days prior to the meeting.
OBJECTIVES AND DIRECTIVES FOR ACT:
- Membership in ACT will require agreement to policy and terms of participation but not require General Manager or Board appointment.
- Membership will be a simple process with no requirement for long term commitment or attendance at forums.
- The intent of ACT is to create a process for the free flow of ideas, information, and comments between airport management, staff, and users and constituents of the District.
- ACT will be used as an educational and information platform to inform District stakeholders on important matters of public interest.
- Not all topics will be of interest to all ACT members. ACT members can participate in forums of their choosing regarding matters of interest to them.
- ACT activities and information collected in forums may be provided to the Board of Directors to assist the Board in setting policy direction for the District.
- ACT will typically meet monthly via Zoom or other virtual formats.
- Topics for Forums will be collected from Staff, ACT Members, general public, airport users, and suggestions from Board of Directors. The General Manager will schedule and calendar the topics to be considered in ACT forums in her or his sole discretion.
- ACT members are free to discuss topics under the purview of the Airport District or its leadership but the group will not discuss items that are not connected to the Airport District or its activity and programs.