Airport Community Team
WHAT IS THE AIRPORT COMMUNITY TEAM (ACT): ACT is a monthly virtual public forum established by the General Manager to gather interested airport users and District constituents to discuss items of public interest and provide information regarding activities and programs of TTAD. ACT is meant to be a free flow of ideas and information between the District, airport users, and the general public. ACT is intended to inform and advise on policy and is not intended to set Policy of the District. Setting District policy is reserved for the Board of Directors. ACT is a method for the District to convey information to stakeholders and also a means to receive, consider, and convey public comment and sentiment regarding topics of interest to the Board of Directors at their monthly Board of Director meetings. Activities and information from ACT Forums will be reported monthly to the Board of Directors. ➤ Airport Community Team Interview
MEETING DATES & TIMES
ACT meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
FUTURE ACT MEETINGS
October 13, 2021 Topic: A discussion about airport hangars. We will work to inform and answer questions such as: why doesn’t the District build more hangars, can I lease property to build a private hangar, what is the process to lease a hangar, what are “Fly Quiet” incentives, how does the wait list function, and other questions related to airport hangars and hangar leasing. There will also be an opportunity for community members to interact with and ask questions of our Airport District.
November 10, 2021 - Topic: Overview of the District's Agency Partnership and Community Sponsorship Programs. Staff will provide an Agency Partnership program overview, review the program history, highlighting recent changes to the program, why the program was instituted, current and past partnerships, and the future of the program. We will also review and discuss the Community Sponsorship program including the types of eligible sponsorships, the application and approval process, what we have funded in the past, and what the future holds for this program.
December 8, 2021 - Topic: A discussion about District Finances and overview of the 2022 District Budget. We will review the various funding and revenue sources as well as expenditures of the Airport District. We will review the property tax allocation received by the District each year. We will also receive a presentation regarding highlights of the 2022 District Budget which is scheduled for adoption on Dec. 1, 2021.
ACT MEETING HISTORY
September 8, 2021 - Why are airplanes noisy and the technology to make them quieter?
➤ Meeting Agenda ➤ Recorded Meeting ➤ Meeting Summary
August 11, 2021 - Why are planes over my house? What is the ability of the airport in regulating the number and type of operations?
➤ Meeting Agenda ➤ Recorded Meeting
OBJECTIVES AND DIRECTIVES FOR ACT:
- Membership in ACT will require agreement to policy and terms of participation but not require General Manager or Board appointment.
- Membership will be a simple process with no requirement for long term commitment or attendance at forums.
- The intent of ACT is to create a process for the free flow of ideas, information, and comments between airport management, staff, and users and constituents of the District.
- ACT will be used as an educational and information platform to inform District stakeholders on important matters of public interest.
- Not all topics will be of interest to all ACT members. ACT members can participate in forums of their choosing regarding matters of interest to them.
- ACT activities and information collected in forums may be provided to the Board of Directors to assist the Board in setting policy direction for the District.
- ACT will typically meet monthly via Zoom or other virtual formats.
- Topics for Forums will be collected from Staff, ACT Members, general public, airport users, and suggestions from Board of Directors. The General Manager will schedule and calendar the topics to be considered in ACT forums in her or his sole discretion.
- ACT members are free to discuss topics under the purview of the Airport District or its leadership but the group will not discuss items that are not connected to the Airport District or its activity and programs.