Airport Community Team
WHAT IS THE AIRPORT COMMUNITY TEAM (ACT): ACT is a monthly virtual public forum established by the General Manager to gather interested airport users and District constituents to discuss items of public interest and provide information regarding activities and programs of TTAD. ACT is meant to be a free flow of ideas and information between the District, airport users, and the general public. ACT is intended to inform and advise on policy and is not intended to set Policy of the District. Setting District policy is reserved for the Board of Directors. ACT is a method for the District to convey information to stakeholders and also a means to receive, consider, and convey public comment and sentiment regarding topics of interest to the Board of Directors at their monthly Board of Director meetings. Activities and information from ACT Forums will be reported monthly to the Board of Directors. ➤ Airport Community Team Interview
MEETING DATES & TIMES
ACT meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Join the Wednesday January 12, 2022 Zoom Meeting at: https://truckeetahoeairport.zoom.us/j/82657107784
Meeting ID: 826 5710 7784
One tap mobile
+14086380968,,82657107784# US (San Jose)
+16699006833,,82657107784# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose), +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose), +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma), +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston), +1 646 876 9923 US (New York), +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC), +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago),
Meeting ID: 826 5710 7784 Find your local number: https://truckeetahoeairport.zoom.us/u/kdTXvVdS9
FUTURE ACT MEETINGS
January 12, 2022 - Topic: Airport Master Plan Update Project, "Where is the Airport Headed?" The Truckee Tahoe Airport District will launch an update to our 2015 Airport Master Plan in 2022. The Goal of our Master Plan is to recommend and plan for development and policy setting of the airport that best fit the needs of the community and airport, while protecting and endeavoring to reduce annoyance for those living near the Airport. The primary focus of the master plan is to explore options to expand noise and annoyance reduction programs, manage or mitigate growth of aviation activity, including facilities on the airport, and enhance community benefit wherever possible. A key focus area of this Master Plan update is to update Chapter 4 – Alternatives Analysis as well as update our Technical Noise Report and Noise Contours. We will also consider a sustainability element, a possible third runway option that has the potential to move arrival and departure paths away from some of our populated areas, as well as a full update of our Airport Layout Plan. Please come be part of this process. Our Goal is to have a series of Master Plan Workshops in March of 2022. Learn more about this important and interesting topic at our January 12, 2022 ACT Meeting.
ACT MEETING HISTORY
Sign Up to join ACT meetings! A Zoom link will be emailed to you two days prior to the meeting.
OBJECTIVES AND DIRECTIVES FOR ACT:
- Membership in ACT will require agreement to policy and terms of participation but not require General Manager or Board appointment.
- Membership will be a simple process with no requirement for long term commitment or attendance at forums.
- The intent of ACT is to create a process for the free flow of ideas, information, and comments between airport management, staff, and users and constituents of the District.
- ACT will be used as an educational and information platform to inform District stakeholders on important matters of public interest.
- Not all topics will be of interest to all ACT members. ACT members can participate in forums of their choosing regarding matters of interest to them.
- ACT activities and information collected in forums may be provided to the Board of Directors to assist the Board in setting policy direction for the District.
- ACT will typically meet monthly via Zoom or other virtual formats.
- Topics for Forums will be collected from Staff, ACT Members, general public, airport users, and suggestions from Board of Directors. The General Manager will schedule and calendar the topics to be considered in ACT forums in her or his sole discretion.
- ACT members are free to discuss topics under the purview of the Airport District or its leadership but the group will not discuss items that are not connected to the Airport District or its activity and programs.