Committed to Safety + Community
Truckee Tahoe Airport District at an elevation of 5,900 ft. As of June 2017 it has a Temporary Tower. Safety is our top priority. We are located in California's majestic Sierra Nevada mountains, so pilots flying to our area should be prepared for the potential for turbulence, downdrafts, wind shear and winter storm conditions. During summer months the air thins considerably, density altitudes can exceed 9,000 feet.
Along with safety, working with the community to implement strategies which minimize impacts of operations ensures the District remains a good neighbor. The Airport Community Advisory Team (ACAT), the Board of Directors, and Airport Staff constantly find ways to improve outreach to pilots on flight paths, curfews and engine modifications which combat impacts. Additionally, open space preservation and land-use planning strategies help the District to be a vital contributor to the region's future.
* Tower winter operational hours: Starting 10/01/2018, 07:00 - 18:00 local.
- FAA Identifier: TRK
- Lat/Long: 39-19-12.1520N / 120-08-22.4260W
- 39-19.202533N / 120-08.373767W
- 39.3200422 / -120.1395628 (estimated)
- Elevation: 5900 ft. / 1798.3 m (surveyed)
- Variation: 14E (2015)
- From city: 2 miles E of TRUCKEE, CA
- Time zone: UTC -8 (UTC -7 during Daylight Savings Time)
- Zip code: 96161
- Open to the public
- Sectional chart: SAN FRANCISCO (www.airnav.com/sectionals)
- Control tower: Seasonal Winter 7am-6pm, Summer 7am - 9pm
- ARTCC: OAKLAND CENTER
- FSS: RENO FLIGHT SERVICE STATION [1-866-281-2737]
- NOTAMs facility: TRK (NOTAM-D service available)
- Attendance: 0600-2130
- Pattern altitude: Piston Aircraft 7,000 ft. MSL, Turbo Prop & Jets 7,500 ft. MSL
- Wind indicator: lighted
- Segmented circle: yes
- Lights: DUSK-DAWN
- ACTIVATE MIRL RWY 02/20, RWY 11/29 & VASI RWY 20 ON CTAF. REIL RWY 11 AVAILABLE ON REQUEST VIA UNICOM (0600 – 2130).
- Beacon: white-green (lighted land airport)