Committed to Safety + Community
Truckee Tahoe Airport District at an elevation of 5,900 ft. As of June 2017 it has an Air Traffic Control Tower. Safety is our top priority. We are located in California's majestic Sierra Nevada mountains, so pilots flying to our area should be prepared for the potential for turbulence, downdrafts, wind shear and winter storm conditions. During summer months the air thins considerably, density altitudes can exceed 9,000 feet.
Along with our commitment to safety, the District works with the community to implement strategies which minimize impacts of operations and ensures the District remains a good neighbor. The Board of Directors, and Airport Staff, (including a designated Pilot & Passenger Outreach Coordinator and Noise Associate) constantly find ways to improve outreach to pilots on flight paths, curfews and engine modifications which combat impacts. Additionally, open space preservation and land-use planning strategies help the District to be a vital contributor to the region's future.
Frequencies / Tower Ops:
TOWER/CTAF: 120.575 Mhz / ATIS: 118.0 Mhz / UNICOM-FBO: 122.95 Mhz / GROUND: 118.3 *when Tower is in operation / Oakland Center: 127.95 Mhz.
➤ FAA designated CLASS D airspace started March 29, 2018 at KTRK during tower operational hours. Surface - 2,500' AGL, 4.2 NM radius.
TOWER OPERATIONAL HOURS:
10/01/2022 - 03/31/2023, 07:00 - 18:00 local (Fall/Winter)
04/01/2023 - 05/31/2023, 07:00 - 19:00 local (Spring)
06/01/2023 - 09/30/2023, 07:00 - 20:00 local (Summer)
- FAA Identifier: TRK
- Lat/Long: 39-19-12.1520N / 120-08-22.4260W
- 39-19.202533N / 120-08.373767W
- 39.3200422 / -120.1395628 (estimated)
- Elevation: 5900 ft. / 1798.3 m (surveyed)
- Variation: 14E (2015)
- From city: 2 miles E of TRUCKEE, CA
- Time zone: UTC -8 (UTC -7 during Daylight Savings Time)
- Zip code: 96161
- Open to the public
- Sectional chart: SAN FRANCISCO ➤ FAA Sectional Information
- Control tower: Seasonal Winter 7am-6pm, Summer 7am - 9pm
- ARTCC: OAKLAND CENTER
- FSS: RENO FLIGHT SERVICE STATION [1-866-281-2737]
- NOTAMs facility: TRK (NOTAM-D service available)
- Attendance: 0600-2130
- Pattern altitude: Piston Aircraft 7,000 ft. MSL, Turbo Prop & Jets 7,500 ft. MSL
- Wind indicator: lighted
- Segmented circle: yes
- Lights: DUSK-DAWN
- ACTIVATE MIRL RWY 02/20, RWY 11/29 & VASI RWY 20 ON CTAF. REIL RWY 11 AVAILABLE ON REQUEST VIA UNICOM (0600 – 2130).
- Beacon: white-green (lighted land airport)