Airfield Construction 2019
Aug 8.27.2019 4:12pm local (by: MRL)
SAW CUT & SEAL SUPPLEMENTAL JOINTS, HANGAR TAXILANES J & K
Project Estimated Start Date: Monday, September 30, 2019
Project Cost: $90,000.
Project General Contractor: Q&D Construction
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, October 11, 2019
Project Description: Project involves cutting patterned expansion joints in existing asphalt taxilanes and filling with rubberized crack filler/sealer. This process extends the life of the asphalt.
- During day light hours, (7am - 5pm) there will be intermittent day long hangar access restrictions to rows Juliet and Kilo.
- Care Flight helipad operations will temporarily be moved on a daily basis during impacted construction days.
- Vehicle access to hangars tenants in Lima, Mike, November and Papa may require temporary airfield access via the temporary gate in the warehouse parking lot.
Jul 7.9.2019 3:20pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR 1 OFFICE BUILDING
Project Start Date: Week of June 24, 2019
Project Cost: $600,000
Project General Contractor: Prosser Building & Development, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: December 31, 2019
Project Description: The project entails building a 1,920 sq ft office building to house: 2 offices, a reception desk, 2 bathrooms, a break room and a flight training room. In stage two of this project the 1960's era office space currently inside the hangar will be removed to expand hangar floor space to enable more planes to be under roof during maintenance service.
- The dirt area on the west of Hangar 1.
- The Jetway Taxiway to the west of Hangar 1 will be closed during construction.
May 5.6.2019 8:00pm local (by: MRL)
TAXIWAY ROMEO RECONSTRUCTION
Project Estimated Start Date: Monday, July 22, 2019
Project Cost: $1,900,000.
Project General Contractor: Meyers Earthwork, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, October 11, 2019. Phase 1) 7/22/2019 - 9/13/2019, Phase 2) 09/16/2019 - 10/11/2019.
Project Description: Utility line replacement, and asphalt taxiway regrade, base and pave
- Project will be done in two phases. Phase 1 will impact hangar tenants from Alpha hangars to Foxtrot west side 7/22/2019 - 9/13/2019. Phase 2 will impact hangar tenants from Foxtrot east side hangars to Hotel row. Construction will cause closure of the south end of parallel taxiway Golf, requiring back-taxi on Rwy 02 from taxiway Quebec. Work scheduled for 9/16/2019 - 10/11/2019.
- 175 hangar row tenants from the east side of Alpha hangar rows all the way to the Hotel row of hangars will be impacted by this major airfield project
- No alternate hangars are available
- Aircraft with a wingspan <39' (at pilot's discretion and own risk) can taxi on the south side of the hangar rows with Ground Control advisories on 118.3 MHz.
- Please note that obstacles exist.
- Aircraft on floats have not been verified as able to taxi on the south side of the hangars,
- Vehicle traffic must be cautious of taxiing aircraft and always give right of way. Max speed limit 15mph
- Outside ramp parking will be made available for any aircraft/pilots not able or comfortable taxiing on the south side of the hangars
Aug 8.2.2019 2:09pm local (by: MRL)
Terminal Building East Side Parking Lot & Gate 7 Area Trenching
Project Start Date: Monday, August 5, 2019
Project Cost: Included in Taxiway Romeo Reconstruction FAA AIP Grant $1,900,000
Project General Contractor: Meyers Earthwork, Inc.
Project First Phase Estimated Completion Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 (includes rough patching)
Project Description: Utility communication line upgrade
- Terminal building east side parking lot will be closed, as well as Gate 7 by the playground for the week.
- Terminal building handicap parking, the receiving dock and the playground will remain open.
- Public parking will be condensed to the terminal west side parking lot with overflow on Chandelle Way if needed.
- Access to Sierra Aero, Mtn Lion, the tower, CAP and EAA will be thru Gate 5 (by the fire station and blast fence) via Air Show Way (road on south side of hangar rows Alpha thru Hotel)
* Caution yield to aircraft taxing on Air Show Way during construction.
* Caution construction vehicles will also be using Gate 5.
- The trench area will be temporarily patched until later in the taxiway Romeo project.
Jul 7.8.2019 11:17pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR ROW BRAVO ROOF REPAIR
Project Scheduled Start Date: Week of July 8, 2019
Project Cost: Warranty work
Project Contractor: Summit Roofing
Project Duration: 1-2 weeks
- There should be no impacted areas, other then some light duty construction vehicles and ladders around the Bravo row of hangars.
- An elastomeric roofing paint was applied in the summer of 2017. Some surfaces were not prepared properly and were seen to be peeling by airport O&M staff. TTAD contacted the roofer to fix the issue per the warranty agreement.
Jun 6.3.2019 10:34am local (by: MRL)
RUNWAY CLOSURES FOR RE-STRIPING
Project Scheduled Start Date: Week of June 10, 2019
Project Cost: $125,000.
Project General Contractor: Maxwell Asphalt
Project Duration: 1 week
- Runway 2-20 will be CLOSED for 1 day (scheduled for Tues., June 11th weather permitting)
- Runway 11-29 will be CLOSED for 1 day (scheduled for Wed., June 12th weather permitting)
- There will also be miscellaneous short term taxiway and ramp closures during striping work.
May 5.6.2019 9:28am local (by: MRL)
HOTEL HANGAR ROW, H1 through H4 ROOF REPLACEMENT
Project Start Date: Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Project Cost: $390,000.
Project General Contractor: Garland/DBS, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 28, 2019 (due to weather, rain at start and high winds) now scheduled for 7/19/2019.
- Hotel row hangars 1-4 (tenants will be displaced)
- No restrictions to taxiing aircraft traffic is expected
- Construction materials, vehicles and equipment storage will be on the east side of the hotel row
May 5.3.2019 2:53pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR 1 - SEWER LINE INSTALLATION (replaces existing septic tank w/ a gravity feed sewer line)
Project start date: Tuesday, May 07, 2019
Project cost: $240,000
Project General Contractor: Sierra Nevada Construction., Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Jetway closure (taxilane between Hgr 1-westside and the old Hgr 2 area)
- Gate 7 access may at times be restricted (use gate 5 - Air Show Way by the fire station as an alternate)
- Vehicle Parking: parking stalls airside of gate 7 will be closed during construction, and employee gravel lot will be at times restricted
- Construction materials, vehicle and equipment storage will be in the gravel lot west of the Jet Ramp