Airfield Construction 2019
Jul 7.9.2019 3:20pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR 1 OFFICE BUILDING
Project Start Date: Week of June 24, 2019
Project Cost: $600,000
Project General Contractor: Prosser Building & Development, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: December 31, 2019
Project Description: The project entails building a 1,920 sq ft office building to house: 2 offices, a reception desk, 2 bathrooms, a break room and a flight training room. In stage two of this project the 1960's era office space currently inside the hangar will be removed to expand hangar floor space to enable more planes to be under roof during maintenance service.
- The dirt area on the west of Hangar 1.
- The Jetway Taxiway to the west of Hangar 1 will be closed during construction.
May 5.6.2019 8:00pm local (by: MRL)
TAXIWAY ROMEO RECONSTRUCTION
Project Estimated Start Date: Monday, July 15, 2019
Project Cost: $1,900,000.
Project General Contractor: Meyers Earthworks, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, October 4, 2019 (10 weeks)
Project Description: Utility line replacement, and asphalt taxiway regrade, base and pave
- Project will be done in two stages. First to be impacted by the Romeo project construction will be hangar tenants from Alpha hangars to Foxtrot west side. 2nd stage is Foxtrot east side hangars to Hotel row with closure of the south end of parallel taxiway Golf.
- 175 hangar row tenants from the east side of Alpha hangar rows all the way to the Hotel row of hangars will be impacted by this major airfield project
- No alternate hangars are available
- Aircraft with a *wingspan <39' (at pilots discretion and own risk) can taxi on the south side of the hangar rows with Ground Control advisories on 118.3 MHz.
- Obstacles exist and will be marked with traffic cones.
- Aircrafts on floats have not been verified as able to taxi on the south side of the hangars,
- Vehicle traffic must be cautious of taxiing aircraft and always give right of way. Max speed limit 15mph
- Outside ramp parking will be made available for any aircraft/pilots not able or comfortable taxiing on the south side of the hangars
May 5.6.2019 9:28am local (by: MRL)
HOTEL HANGAR ROW, H1 through H4 ROOF REPLACEMENT
Project Start Date: Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Project Cost: $390,000.
Project General Contractor: Garland/DBS, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 28, 2019 (due to weather, rain at start and high winds) now scheduled for 7/19/2019.
- Hotel row hangars 1-4 (tenants will be displaced)
- No restrictions to taxiing aircraft traffic is expected
- Construction materials, vehicles and equipment storage will be on the east side of the hotel row
Jun 6.3.2019 10:34am local (by: MRL)
RUNWAY CLOSURES FOR RE-STRIPING
Project Scheduled Start Date: Week of June 10, 2019
Project Cost: $125,000.
Project General Contractor: Maxwell Asphalt
Project Duration: 1 week
- Runway 2-20 will be CLOSED for 1 day (scheduled for Tues., June 11th weather permitting)
- Runway 11-29 will be CLOSED for 1 day (scheduled for Wed., June 12th weather permitting)
- There will also be miscellaneous short term taxiway and ramp closures during striping work.
May 5.3.2019 2:53pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR 1 - SEWER LINE INSTALLATION (replaces existing septic tank w/ a gravity feed sewer line)
Project start date: Tuesday, May 07, 2019
Project cost: $240,000
Project General Contractor: Sierra Nevada Construction., Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Jetway closure (taxilane between Hgr 1-westside and the old Hgr 2 area)
- Gate 7 access may at times be restricted (use gate 5 - Air Show Way by the fire station as an alternate)
- Vehicle Parking: parking stalls airside of gate 7 will be closed during construction, and employee gravel lot will be at times restricted
- Construction materials, vehicle and equipment storage will be in the gravel lot west of the Jet Ramp