Airfield Construction 2019
May 5.6.2019 8:00pm local (by: MRL)
TAXIWAY ROMEO RECONSTRUCTION
Project Estimated Start Date: Monday, July 15, 2019
Project Cost: $1,900,000.
Project General Contractor: Meyers Earthworks, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, October 4, 2019 (10 weeks)
Project Description: Utility line replacement, and asphalt taxiway regrade, base and pave
- 175 hangar row tenants from the east side of Alpha hangar rows all the way to the Hotel row of hangars will be impacted by this major airfield project
- No alternate hangars are available
- Aircraft with a *wingspan <39' (at pilots discretion and own risk) can taxi on the south side of the hangar rows with Ground Control advisories on 118.3 MHz.
- Obstacles exist and will be marked with traffic cones.
- Aircrafts on floats have not been verified as able to taxi on the south side of the hangars,
- Vehicle traffic must be cautious of taxiing aircraft and always give right of way. Max speed limit 15mph
- Outside ramp parking will be made available for any aircraft/pilots not able or comfortable taxiing on the south side of the hangars
May 5.6.2019 9:28am local (by: MRL)
HOTEL HANGAR ROW, H1 through H4 ROOF REPLACEMENT
Project Estimated Start Date: Monday, May 20th, or Tuesday, May 28th (depending on permit approval)
Project Cost: $390,000.
Project General Contractor: Garland/DBS, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 28, 2019
- Hotel row hangars 1-4 (tenants will be displaced)
- No restrictions to taxiing aircraft traffic is expected
- Construction materials, vehicles and equipment storage will be on the east side of the hotel row
May 5.3.2019 2:53pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR 1 - SEWER LINE INSTALLATION (replaces existing septic tank w/ a gravity feed sewer line)
Project start date: Tuesday, May 07, 2019
Project cost: $240,000
Project General Contractor: Sierra Nevada Construction., Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Jetway closure (taxilane between Hgr 1-westside and the old Hgr 2 area)
- Gate 7 access may at times be restricted (use gate 5 - Air Show Way by the fire station as an alternate)
- Vehicle Parking: parking stalls airside of gate 7 will be closed during construction, and employee gravel lot will be at times restricted
- Construction materials, vehicle and equipment storage will be in the gravel lot west of the Jet Ramp