Airfield Construction 2020
7.8.2019 11:17pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR ROW BRAVO ROOF REPAIR
Project Scheduled Start Date: Week of July 8, 2019
Project Cost: Warranty work
Project Contractor: Summit Roofing
Project Duration: 1-2 weeks
- There should be no impacted areas, other then some light duty construction vehicles and ladders around the Bravo row of hangars.
- An elastomeric roofing paint was applied in the summer of 2017. Some surfaces were not prepared properly and were seen to be peeling by airport O&M staff. TTAD contacted the roofer to fix the issue per the warranty agreement.
6.3.2019 10:34am local (by: MRL)
RUNWAY CLOSURES FOR RE-STRIPING
Project Scheduled Start Date: Week of June 10, 2019
Project Cost: $125,000.
Project General Contractor: Maxwell Asphalt
Project Duration: 1 week
- Runway 2-20 will be CLOSED for 1 day (scheduled for Tues., June 11th weather permitting)
- Runway 11-29 will be CLOSED for 1 day (scheduled for Wed., June 12th weather permitting)
- There will also be miscellaneous short term taxiway and ramp closures during striping work.
5.6.2019 8:00pm local (by: MRL)
TAXIWAY ROMEO RECONSTRUCTION
Project Start Date: Monday, July 22, 2019
Project Cost: $1,900,000.
Project General Contractor: Meyers Earthwork, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, October 18, 2019. Phase 1) 7/22/2019 - 9/13/2019, Phase 2) 09/18/2019 - 10/14/2019.
Project Description: Utility line replacement, and asphalt taxiway regrade, base and pave
- Project will be done in two phases. Phase 1 will impact hangar tenants from Alpha hangars to Foxtrot west side 7/22/2019 - 9/13/2019. Phase 2 will impact hangar tenants from Foxtrot east side hangars to Hotel row. Construction will cause closure of the south end of parallel taxiway Golf, requiring back-taxi on Rwy 02 from taxiway Quebec. Work scheduled for 9/18/2019 - 10/18/2019.
- 175 hangar row tenants from the east side of Alpha hangar rows all the way to the Hotel row of hangars will be impacted by this major airfield project
- No alternate hangars are available
- Aircraft with a wingspan <39' (at pilot's discretion and own risk) can taxi on the south side of the hangar rows with Ground Control advisories on 118.3 MHz.
- Please note that obstacles exist.
- Aircraft on floats have not been verified as able to taxi on the south side of the hangars,
- Vehicle traffic must be cautious of taxiing aircraft and always give right of way. Max speed limit 15mph
- Outside ramp parking will be made available for any aircraft/pilots not able or comfortable taxiing on the south side of the hangars
5.6.2019 9:28am local (by: MRL)
HOTEL HANGAR ROW, H1 through H4 ROOF REPLACEMENT
Project Start Date: Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Project Cost: $390,000.
Project General Contractor: Garland/DBS, Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 28, 2019 (due to weather, rain at start and high winds) now scheduled for 7/19/2019.
- Hotel row hangars 1-4 (tenants will be displaced)
- No restrictions to taxiing aircraft traffic is expected
- Construction materials, vehicles and equipment storage will be on the east side of the hotel row
5.3.2019 2:53pm local (by: MRL)
HANGAR 1 - SEWER LINE INSTALLATION (replaces existing septic tank w/ a gravity feed sewer line)
Project start date: Tuesday, May 07, 2019
Project cost: $240,000.
Project General Contractor: Sierra Nevada Construction., Inc.
Project Estimated Completion Date: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Jetway closure (taxilane between Hgr 1-westside and the old Hgr 2 area)
- Gate 7 access may at times be restricted (use gate 5 - Air Show Way by the fire station as an alternate)
- Vehicle Parking: parking stalls airside of gate 7 will be closed during construction, and employee gravel lot will be at times restricted
- Construction materials, vehicle and equipment storage will be in the gravel lot west of the Jet Ramp