Staff Member Profile
Hardy Bullock A.A.E.
Director Of Aviation & Community Services
Hardy S. Bullock
2013-2019 Truckee Tahoe Airport District - Truckee, CA
Director of Aviation & Community Services
- Direct an executive team of 5-8 and a junior staff of 23.
- Develop and manage 230 hangar leases, commercial business and signatory agreements.
- Direct an appointed Community Advisory Roundtable Team, develop agendas, and implement strategic goals, present to stakeholders, media, leadership, elected officials and staff.
- Develop and manage commercial operating permits for scheduled/on demand air charter, commercial soaring, skydiving, ground transportation and EMS operators.
- Create and introduce public policy and Primary Management & Compliance Documents in support of a safe, efficient, and secure airport.
- Develop aeronautical and community outreach strategies, coach staff to serve pilots, passengers, and constituents in exemplary fashion. Expeditiously resolve internal and external conflict with tact, discretion, authority and care.
- Work with the FAA, elected officials and congressional representatives in Washington DC to develop flight procedures, integrate ADSB, build control tower facilities, and fund special initiatives.
- Manage consultant teams who report directly on progress related to congressional support, ADSB surveillance, contract tower funding, safety management systems, public relations, master plan/ALP development, geographic systems, information technology, flight procedures, and lands management.
- Reduce community annoyance while meeting Federal Grant Assurances. Answer community questions and complaints regarding environmental impacts from aviation operations.
- Work with elected officials to develop, manage, administrate capital facility plans, budgets, and grant funding requests. Work with staff to manage line item accountability of cost.
- Review staff performance, assign rewards, promote professional development, foster innovation and inspire others to grow personally and professionally.
2008-2013 Truckee Tahoe Airport District - Truckee, CA
Environment & Technology Manager/ Community Affairs & Conservation Manager
- Monitor and comply with aviation related environmental policy and regulation including storm water, hazardous materials storage, land use, zoning, and over flight.
- Manage airport IT solutions including MLAT flight tracking, airport surveillance, access control, and data collection.
- Enhance and promote responsible airspace use for safety and annoyance mitigation. Respond to community complaints.
1998-2008 Quality Enterprises, Inc. (QEI) Truckee, Nevada City, Los Angeles, Redding CA
President and CEO
- Serve regional and national clients in the energy sector offering forestry contracting and consulting services.
- Responsibility for the bottom line factors including vision, strategic planning, pricing, bidding and prospecting.
- Provide guidance for large-scale project logistics ranging in size from $500k - $1.5 million.
- Direct general oversight of 30-50 employees, 1-6 subcontractors, and associated equipment in 5-8 separate base locations in CA, ID, OR & NV.
- B.A., General Studies University Nevada Reno 1995
- California Licensed Contractor
- Pilot (Airman) Certificate Total Time 1800 hours
- Instrument Rating / Multi Engine Instrument / Glider / Jet
- American Association of Airport Executives Accreditation Program Certified Member
Serving my family and community. Coaching and mentoring my children. Helping underprivileged youth. Restoring the natural environment. Advocating for a strong and healthy community. Outdoor activity including Camping, Ultra Distance Cycling, Solo Rock Climbing, International Triathlon, Hiking, and Backcountry Exploration. Boating and flying have become a lifelong passion and study.
Aircraft Owner and Pilots Association / FAA Wings Speaker
National Business Aircraft Association Safety Committee / Airports Chair / Airports SME
Kid Zone Children’s Museum Volunteer
Truckee Trails Foundation Founding Member
Truckee Donner Land Trust Donor and Lands Advisor
Truckee Tahoe Airport District Airport Community Advisory Team
Big Brothers Big Sisters Top Private Donor / Fundraiser / Board Member
Cub Scouts Pack Den and Pack Leader #734
Planning Commissioner / Watershed Restoration Partnership Member
Wild Cherries Youth Triathlon Team Coach
|NOAA-NWS Weather Observer s Certificate - Hardy Bullock.pdf||521 KB||03/23/2015|
|AAAE CM Certificate - Hardy Bullock.pdf||581 KB||03/23/2015|