Your Truckee Tahoe Airport District Board of Directors and Staff are working hard to implement and grow environmentally conscientious programs here at KTRK that include:
- Increasing Sustainable Aviation Fuels to a 75% mix in 2023.
- Maintaining airport owned properties like the 1,400 acre Waddle Ranch and the Ponderosa Golf Course for public use, open space, forestry managment and wildfire prevention.
- Increasing the use of electric vehicles around the airfield.
- Switching to LED lighting at the airport, and participating in the Dark Skies Truckee initiative.
- Being a founding member and supporter of the Climate Transformation Alliance (CTA), launched in July 2022.
The Truckee Tahoe Airport District is a founding member and supporter of the Climate Transformation Alliance (CTA), launched in July 2022. The CTA is a regional public-private partnership of local governments, special districts, community organizations, businesses, and individuals committed to collaboration, innovation, and accountability through a governing body and shared vision for the North Tahoe-Truckee community to achieve Carbon Neutrality by 2045!
For more information on the CTA visit:
➤ CTA - Vimeo Part 1
➤ CTA - Vimeo Part 2
➤ CTA - Climate Transformation Alliance